Donating for Normies.
I intend entirely move to using only cryptocurrency online because it is more in line with my principles of free software, freedom generally and self-custodianship. That said, I still accept donations via normie platforms for the time being, although they are subideal.
You can PayPal, Zelle or Venmo me money to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I recommend everyone to switch over to using Monero for transacting value digitally. Soon I will accept only it and Bitcoin for superchats and (perhaps as time goes on) in my online stores.
Message/Superchat with Monero
Send a gift and message here. If livestreaming, I respond to comments and questions from here.
Note that this Monero superchat feature is using the tool Shadowchat.
As a note, I’ll put affiliate links here if you want to “support” me in some way by using products and services I use and recommend. If you use the service after linking one of these links, I usually get some minor discount or store credit that minimizes my bills so that’s appreciated.
- Vultr – Host a website. Most of my tutorials are built for Vultr (but should work on all platforms).
- Frantech/BuyVM – VPS host with unmetered bandwidth. Better than Vultr, but I recommend it less because they are smaller scale and don’t always have VPSes for sale. If they have openings, I say get one!
- Cockbox – VPS host that requires no real names and takes Bitcoin and Monero.
- Epik – Register domain names. Permanent registration available.
- JMP.chat – An XMPP-phone service for literally only $3 per month. Anonymous with bitcoin. Use this
code: 5E224DE9 to get your first month free.
- Visible – A phone service that is only $25 if you join a group. Verizon network. No data caps. Don't know how they do it.
I’m a big fan of credit card churning, which can make you a couple thousand of dollars a year at the expense of banks. Get one of these cards by the link and I might get account credit or points. You will make probably more with introductory offers.
If you benefit from any of these services or cards, you can recommend them to your own friends for affiliate benefits too.
Note that there are services that I used to post links for like custodial crypto exchanges, but I don't do that since I really think using them contravenes my principles. Leveraging all the services above is fine.