mutt-wizard 2.0 release (everything is better and easier)
Some of you had already tried out the new version of mutt-wizard on Gitlab, but I've now release it on the Github repository as well. mutt-wizard has always be able to:
- Access your mail on the command line without having to set anything up. It looks pretty and has sensible default settings.
- Optionally download, store and sync your email offline, so you can browse your email with no latency and read and write replies while offline.
- Securely encrypt all your passwords with GPG so you don't have dangerous plaintext floating around or to avoid typing your passwords in constantly.
- Configs for neomutt, isync and msmtp automatically generated based on your server settings, which in many cases, mutt-wizard already knows.
Here are some of the biggest changes in mutt-wizard that make it much better now:
- The original mutt-wizard required three annoying steps for each account: (1) data input, then (2) the user manually running offlineimap and then (3) running the script again to finalize boxes. Wow that was dumb. isync now enables all the configuration to happen in one quick sitting as fast as you can type your info in.
- You now have the option of not keeping mail offline, in case you don't want that.
- Passwords are now saved with
pass, which avoids some headaches.
dialog is no longer used as user-interface.
- More error handling, but also less errors.
Check the link above to get it. Be sure to read the README for how to use it.